You’re interested in eating Raw and Living foods or at least adding them to your diet. Where to begin, though? (Click here to read the crazy side effects this might have) The following raw recipes are ones I believe every person should know how to make when transitioning to a high vibrational and plant-based diet. I initially created this for a friend who wants change in his life and know others can benefit from the same list of recipes to try out!
We all know salads are the simplest raw meals, but it’s nice to have heartier ‘comfort foods’ when adapting to a lighter and cleaner lifestyle.
Yield: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: Spiralizer or Julienne/Mandolin with teeth
3 Medium Zucchinis or 1 Bag of Kelp Noodles or a mixture of both
¼ Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (soaked in purified water for 2-3 hours)
1 clove Garlic
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp basil (or more – I LOVE basil)
1/8 cup Extra virgin olive oil (or omit and add some zucchini to thicken sauce)
½ tsp sea salt
Juice of ½ orange
1 Cored & Seeded bell pepper (cut into small chunks)
½ small onion (cut into small chunks)
*optional àNutritional Yeast
1) Cut ends off of washed Zucchini and spiralize or julienne into thin noodles or ‘angel hair’ strips. If you do not own a spiralizer, Kelp noodles are fantastic and delicious.
2) Add a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage into noodles and let sit while you create your marinara sauce.
3) Chop all sauce ingredients and place in a food processor (you can save the soak water from the sun-dried tomatoes for soups, sauces, etc…)
4) Pulse ingredients until a chunky, yet thick consistency is achieved.
5) *Optional – chop more veggies to add into your pasta.
6) Over your freshly spiralized zucchini noodles, add your delicious marinara sauce. Add Nutritional yeast for a cheesy edge. (Nutritional yeast can be found in your health food store)
Yield: 4 – 6 Nori Rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Nori Sheets (raw, please)
1 Cucumber (cut into strips – julienne)
1-2 Carrots (cut into strips – julienne)
1 Tomato (cut into strips – julienne)
1 Avocado (cut into slices)
1 Cup Sprouts
Almond Veggie Pate (thanks to Ani Phyo)
1 Cup almonds
2 cups cashews
1 tablespoon giner (grated)
1 clove garlic
3 carrots, chopped
¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
½ cup raisins
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice – (1/2 lemon)
**Want it with rice instead? Easy! Google “Raw Vegan Cauliflower Rice recipe” and be amazed!**
To make filling:
1) Process almonds & cashews into a powder and set aside.
2) Process ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, raisins, and salt into small pieces. Add oil, lemon juice, powdered almonds and cashews and process to mix well.
To make Wraps (Different ways):
1) Spread almond veggie dip on half of a nori sheet (pretty thick). Add julienned veggies and roll into a tight nori wrap. Use water to seal the sheet.
2) Place nori sheets on a flat surface. Add some veggies of your choice (or use a bed of spinach) and spread about ¼ cup of Almond Spread. Use a knife and water to seal. (this is a very filling & hearty version – more almond goodness).
Yield: 1-2 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Equipment: Blender and an appetite
Handful of Green Spinach (or more if you fancy!)
*optional – fresh squeezed juice of your choice
Water to fill 2/3 way full
Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth! (Drink while chewing a wee bit to help digestion)
Raw Vegan Cheesecake w/ Raspberry sauce
Let’s face it. We need some cheat ‘healthy’ foods too. This is a pleaser and is super simple to make!
Yield: 1 Pie tin
Prep Time: 20 minutes + set time
2 Cups raw walnuts (soaked overnight or 8-12 hours)
½ Cup pitted dates (soaked 1-2 hours)
3 Cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or a couple of hours minimum)
½ Cup Agave Nectar
¼ Cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ Cup Coconut oil (melted in a warm bowl – do not heat! You want it raw!)
½ bag frozen raspberries
4-6 dates to taste
¼ cup agave or more to taste and thickness desired
1) In a food processor, combine dates and walnuts until they are well combined and make a solid crust. Press into a cheesecake tin.
2) In a blender, dump all ingredients of the filling in and blend on high until completely emulsified and smooth. Pour on top of your crust.
3) At this point, put it in the fridge to chill out while you whip up your raspberry sauce.
4) Put all raspberry sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. You may leave it a little chunky if you prefer. Spread on top of your delicious cheesecake.
5) Ta-Da! If using a springform pan, pop it free once it has frozen or chilled 4- 6 hours and enjoy!
I haven’t come across Anyone who doesn’t love their raw brownies. This version is free from grains, preservatives, unhealthy fats, refined sugar, and unhealthy additives. They’re no-bake and taste great! (Just like the cheesecake, however, this is a dessert! Treat it as such…!)
Yield: 1 9×9 pan
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: Food Processor
1 Cup Walnuts (soaked overnight or 8-12 hours) *removes tannic acid
1 Cup Dates (soaked 1-3 Hours)
1 Cup Carob or Raw Cacao powder
½ Cup Agave Nectar
¼ Cup cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon
- Combine all brownie ingredients in a food processor until well-combined.
- Press into a small pan (8×8 or 9×9)
- In a blender, combine all frosting/icing ingredients and blend until smooth, creamy, and delicious.
- Using a spatula, spread ooey gooey deliciousness on top of your brownies.
- Let chill in the fridge or freezer for at least an hour to firm up.
- Enjoy! You will never look back after enjoying this version!
Phew! Made it? I knew you could! Seriously, try some of these recipes out and be amazed at how delicious raw & vegan recipes can be! You’re going to be feeling better before you know it!
Peace & Love – and delicious raw desserts!