My goodness, this is a recipe I’ve wanted to share with you for quite some time.
Not only is it super easy to make, it is probably my #1 healthy go-to that I love to live off of consume and share with those I work with.
Well first, because coconut is a magical super-food (seriously – like super) that has a ton of health benefits:
* Full of MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) which are converted directly to energy, so don’t store as fat! (Helps you lose weight)
* Increases body ketone levels –> helps prevent neurological diseases
* Protects against heart disease and stroke
* Anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and immune-boosting
* Reduces cholesterol (don’t be afraid of the saturated fats in this food!)
* Promotes gorgeous skin, hair, nails, and clear eyes
…And more! Check it out here.
Mixed with wonderful Almonds, which help you:
* Reduce heart attack risk
* Lower LDL (bad) cholesterol
* Help build strong bones and teeth
* Provide good brain function
* Nourish the nervous system
* Aid in fat loss and weight stabilization … and more!
…and then blended with some beneficial probioticsso it can ferment (breaking down all the beneficial macro and micro nutrients into easy-to-digest and assimilate form), you have winner that helps:
*Get rid of excess Candida (which causes everything from weight gain to acne)
*Eliminate / Aid digestive issues
*Help you grow lovely hair, skin, and nails
*Eliminate toxins and free radicals
*Feel AWESOME – like really
*Have super-human brain power and clarity (your brain is 60% fat, yo)
And be super enthused at taking such good care of your body.
I’m not kidding. Fermented foods – and especially these ingredients – are probably the reason Lou Corona(a 60-some-year-old) looks like he’s in his 30’s. He consumes this and his Lemon-Ginger-Cayenne blast every day.) And he’s kind of my hero.
So, are you excited yet? The best raw, enzyme-live, dairy-free yogurt recipe follows:
[Raw, Vegan, Paleo, Ketogenic, Delicious]
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 6-8
1 Cup of Raw, Unheated Almonds (soaked for 24 hours in pure water)
1 1/2 Cups of Fresh Coconut meat (scraped from the inside of young Thai Coconuts)
Water from 1 Young Thai Coconut
1/2 Tbsp Probiotic Powder (or the contents of 3 probiotic capsules)
The beauty of this recipe is that the quantities do NOT have to be exact!! I usually just eyeball everything and it always turns out beautifully!
First, soak your raw almonds in water for 24 hours. Soaking the nuts is crucial as this will activate the dormant enzymes and release the nutrients.
Add soaked almonds, young coconut meat, coconut water from 1 coconut, and probiotics to blender and blend until smooth in a high speed blender (I use a Vita-Mix).
Next, using a fine mesh strainer to strain the liquid into a glass bowl. I hold my strainer in one hand and use a spatula in the other to stir and sift the mixture through. This will remove any excess fibers and almond skins and will help you achieve a nice creamy texture.
Cover your glass bowl with a paper towel or clean dish towel and let sit at least 3-4 hours. This will allow the probiotics to start to proliferate and break down the yogurt. The longer you let it sit, the more tangy and sour it will be.
I usually double this recipe and let sit overnight for about 12 hours. This way I have a large batch of tangy yogurt that will last about 5 days in the fridge. Keep in mind, the culture will continue to culture in the fridge.
You’ll want to keep about 2 tablespoons of the original mixture as a starter to add to the next batch. This will produce an even more active culture in a shorter amount of time. You will not need to use probiotic powder if you are using a small amount from the previous batch. Once the your culture is ready, you have three options:
- Sweet: You can add some fresh lemon juice, vanilla seeds and vanilla stevia to taste. This is will be the most delicious, probiotic rich, vanilla yogurt you’ve ever had!! It’s great on it’s own, added to smoothies, or made into a pudding by blending with fruit(s) of your choice.
- Savory: Use the mixture as a base for creamy sauces, homemade ranch dip, or as a replacement for sour cream. You can also use it as a replacement for nuts in raw pate and dip recipes.
- Plain: This recipe is also delicious as is!
You can enjoy 1 to 2 cups of coconut yogurt each day! This is such a fun, easy, and inexpensive way to make probiotics a part of your daily routine. The health, beauty and weight loss benefits are endless!!
Comment below and make my day!
xo You Deserve to Live a Life You Love