As promised, I am making an effort to create, photograph and upload recipes more often. Why? Because I truly do believe food can be medicine, and I want resources such as this one to be available to all.
Now, granted, I do tend to make a lot of sweet treats (pistachio ice cream, paleo chocolate donuts, and more…), but that’s just because so-called “healthy” sweets are the best way to introduce people to healthier lifestyles. Do you agree?
Ice Cream Batter
Fudgy Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
Serving Size: 10 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + freeze time
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight for 6-8 hours.
- 13.5 oz of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fancy Medjool dates (soaked for 30+ minutes)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- (Optional): 1/4 cup of raw cacao nibs on top
- The night before you make the ice cream, soak the cashews in cool water for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to begin, add soaked, drained cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, sweeteners, vanilla, sea salt and raw cacao powder to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. ‘
- Adjust the sweetness as needed, adding more raw honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper then pour the ice cream batter into the pan. Let chill for 1 hour, then add raw cacao nibs (and other additions, such as edible flowers) on top.
- Let chill for 4 more hours (minimum). Before scooping, let sit out for 20-30 minutes to soften and use a hot scoop to ease the process.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and smooth flat with a spoon. Cover securely. Will keep in the freezer for 7-10 days.