Remember last week when I shared a recipe for raw vegan ice cream?
Yeah, the responses were pretty much “This is the best thing everrrrrrrr!” and I knew that this ketogenic, low-glycemic, live-food, vegan (holy cow – I know!) treat be shared next.
You see, just because it’s low in sugar DOES NOT mean it is tasteless. Pretty much the opposite. Instead, this incredibly satiating, healthy, and chocolate-y macaroon will stabilize blood sugar levels, help one lose weight (because no release of insulin due to sugar and fat in the bloodstream), and remind you of its super-star status because it includes the most incredible food ever: coconut.
If you’re looking for a treat that diabetics, ketogenic-heads, vegan, live-foodies, and those with every known allergy to mankind (it seems) can consume, you have FOUND it.
Gold. It’s just pure freaking gold made manifest as an actual cookie. I think life rocks.
- 2 cups shredded, raw, unsweetened coconut (find this at any health food store)
- ½ cup ground raw almonds (or almond flour)
- ¾ Scoop of (Sunwarrior) Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 4 Tbsp Xylitol
- 6 Drops of Original, Liquid Stevia
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract OR the contents of 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1-2 Tbsp Almond Milk (to help thicken with the protein powder)
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Grind almonds into a flower, and transfer to a medium-sized bowl with coconut shreds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together until the dough is uniformly sticky and clumps together easily.
- Scoop in tablespoons onto a dehydrator tray lined with teflex.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 6-8 hours (6 is probably all you need).
- Could you use an oven? Sure! Try one set at 325 degrees for twenty minutes—but do experiment with the time, since I haven’t tried it myself.
How is this low-glycemic?
Because instead of using regular live food, vegan sweeteners, this recipe uses stevia and xylitol, two low-glycemic sweeteners that absolutely rock. They will not raise blood sugar even though they have a naturally sweet flavor, and can put one into ketosis (where their body runs on fat instead of sugar, therefore very little carbohydrates can be consumed) for healing and lifestyle purposes.
Of course this is a treat, though. More information and plans to enter ketosis on a plant-based, live food, vegan diet will be shared soon!
Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic!
Woot! Glad you like it. Please do leave your feedback in the comments section for others to benefit from your gathered wisdom of making such a tasty treat.
What’s next Miss Bloom? (Making a jest at my Scottish friends whom I met in Costa Rica)
A whole lot!
Bloom for Life is finishing:
- Part 2 of the Ultimate Living Foods Guide which will have 45 Juice and Smoothie recipes available for sale very, very soon!
- 4 Facets of Healing – a COMPLETE guide on all things physiological, emotional, mental, and spiritual is being written to help you understand how sickness has been made manifest, and how you can heal.
… and introducing 3 new resources EVERY WEEK, incuding: a video, article of inspiration, and recipe to keep you glowing with health and scootin’ down the road toward Well-ville.
Sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss any of this awesomeness! And remember… Bloom for Life, as it is your highest purpose to live a life you love.