Hello, beautiful friends!
Oh goodie, oh goodie. Today, I have another savory snack recipe to share, and it is to live for.
Yes, as cheesy as that was, it so works.
After purchasing a bag of Tarragon-Mustard Kale chips (I think it was ‘Brad’s’ brand), I fell in love with the flavor combination. I mean, it’s like an explosion on your tastebuds!
The night I tried those kale chips, I knew they would be re-created someday.
Well, that day was yesterday. In preparation for an event I am putting together with my friend and business partner, I made a Mustard-Tarragon sauce. Because we invented so many delectable options, we decided to go with a Blueberry-Balsamic Sauce (omg, yum). That meant I could experiment with this beloved sauce — which I did.
Behold, the best kale chips ever.
I am officially in love and so, so happy. I hope you make this nutrient-dense snack because it is easy, healthy and ridiculously delicious.
Mustard-Tarragon Kale Chips [Paleo, Live Food, Vegan]
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes + 4-6 Hours Dehydrating
- 2 bunches curly or dinosaur kale, washed and chopped into palm-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp tahini (salt-free)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (*if not vegan, honey is recommended)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/16 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- After washing and straining the kale, ripe the leaves into palm-size portions. Set in a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a high-speed blender, combine the remaining ingredients (except the tarragon) and blend until smooth.
- Once smooth and creamy, add the chopped tarragon and process 2-3 times until incorporated but not blended.
- Pour the Mustard-Tarragon sauce over the kale. Use your hands to massage the sauce into the kale, leaving no leaf uncovered.
- Transfer the coated kale to two dehydrator sheets with mesh (no need for Teflex or parchment paper). Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 4-6 hours, or until crispy.
- Store the kale chips in an air-tight container for up to 4-5 days. Re-dehydrate for a couple of hours if they lose their crispiness.
There you have it! It’s a super simple recipe, one I’m sure a lot of people will love.
Mustard-Tarragon Kale Chips + Star Wars (Laya) T-Shirt = Best Day Ever
Until next time…