Hola lovely friends!
As time passes by at the Farm of Life, I’m always inspired to share some living food recipes to inspire your glowing health and satisfied palate. Who knew raw foods could be so fun?
What do I mean by raw foods? No, not just a pile of broccoli and celery sticks, but delicious, gourmet versions of some of your favorite foods to satisfy your cravings for dense and delicious dinners and keep you in glowing health. While mono meals and super simply eating is perhaps the best way to eat for optimal digestion and simplicity, sometimes it’s fun to deck out the dinner table with an awesome raw feast – and don’t forget to invite your carnivore friends!
Raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, seaweeds, and sprouted legumes/grains are bursting with vitamins, minerals, life force…and love. (I love that last one so, so much!) It’s easy to be happy when you have incredible digestion, gorgeous skin, incredible vitality, a healthy weight, and love for yourself, others, and the planet… THAT’S why I love to share raw food recipes (and sometimes cooked, simple vegan ones!)
So…to your health and our happiness, let’s get un-cooking!
Today’s a BLT – Raw Eggplant Bac-un, Lettuce, and Tomato with an Avocado Aoili that is to live for…
You’ll use Onion Bread for the ‘bread’, it provides a delectable twist, and the following recipes for the rest of the sandwich follow!
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Serving Size: 2 1/2 Trays
Matt Amsden is the KING – this recipe has been shared all over the internet for a while now, and because it’s so good!
1 Large Yellow ONion
2 Cups Ground Flaxseeds
2 Cups Ground Sunflower Seeds
3/4 Cup Coconut Aminos or Nama Shoyu
3/4 Cup Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Peel and halve the onions
2) In a food processor, cut the onions using the slicing blade.
3) Transfer the cut onions to a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4) Evenly spread 1 1/2 cups of the mixture on a dehydrator tray with a Teflex sheet or parchment paper.
5) Dehydrate at 100 degrees for 36 hours, removing the Teflex sheet after the first 24 hours.
6) Once dehydrated, cut into 9 equal pieces. Store in an air-tight bag for 1 1/2 weeks max.
2 Garlic cloves
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
pinch of Salt & Pepper
1/2 bunch of Basil
1) In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients until smooth. A food processor could work, but you’d most likely need to stop and manually stir it to ensure the entirety of its contents get processed.
Put it all together!
Now that you have your onion bread, aioli, and ‘bac-un’, layer your sandwich with as many fresh vegetables as you like…and enjoy!
Great side dish options include:
Enliven your Life with Fruits and Vegetables!