Hello brilliant readers! (You must be super smart to be reading this blog 😉 I have a super duper special recipe for you lovelies today. Because I’m constantly making awesome dinners for traveling guests here at Finca De Vida, I have a lot of opportunities to not only create delicious food, but share it with you!
One small issue, however, is that being so far away from the US means it’s difficult to get ‘typical’ gourmet raw food ingredients, so often I have to get creative and use the bountiful fruits (like coconuts and avocados) to re-create consistency and flavor. Luckily – people swoon over these creations and I’m sure you will too!
One other amazing thing about recipes desserts like these is that because they aren’t so nut heavy, I find them much easier to digest, and in effect they’re healthier! <3
Raw (Nut Free) Chocolate-Mint-Lime Pie
2 Cups Coconut (dried and shredded)
1 Cup Dates (soaked for 15 minutes)
1 Tbsp Chia
1/4 Cup Carob Powder
1) In a food processor, combine dates and coconut. Add in some Chia and a dash of water (it will thicken in just a few minutes) and then add the Carob Powder. Pulse until well combined.
2) Press into the bottom of a Cheesecake pan or a pie tin (sprinkle some Coconut Flakes on the bottom so it comes out easier). Set in the freezer until you’re ready to pour in the filling.
(Bloom Raw – literally! Costa Rica is full of gorgeous flowers – making food photography that much more fun!)
Irish Moss Gel (1 1/2 Cups Irish Moss blended in a high-speed blender with 3 Cups of Water for 3-4 minutes. It will thicken and act like a gelatin). Separate into two containers.
1/2 of Irish Moss Gel
1 1/2 –2 Cups PACKED Fresh Mint (I picked mine out of the garden!)
6 Dates + 1/2 Cup Honey or Agave Nectar
3 Limes, juiced
Dash of Sea Salt
*optional: I used a Jasmine Flower Essence…gave it a nice bloom!
1/2 of Irish Moss Gel
8 Dates + 1/2 Cup Raw Honey or Agave
1 Cup Raw Cacoa (or Carob)
2 tsp Vanilla
1) Begin by adding all ingredients for the Mint-Lime into a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
2) Get your tin out of the freezer and pour all of your filling in but 1/2 Cup which you should place to the side. Smooth the filling and set back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
3) Next, while your first filling is setting, add all Chocolate filling ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until super smooth.
4) Get your tin back out and pour your chocolate deliciousness on top. Smooth with a spatula.
5) Now, take your set aside Mint-Lime filling and put a few drops in random areas on the top of your pie. Use a stick-like utensil and lightly swirl the top the mix the colors… Now it looks professional and amazing!
6) Set back in the freezer for minimum or 2 hours. 30 minutes before serving, take out and let thaw briefly. Cut, serve, and delight everyone you know with your amazing talent to create healthy cuisine!
Whew- Great job making it through that recipe! It’s definitely worth the effort if you’d like to wow your friends and family (or just enjoy yourself!).
Today I whipped up a (Raw everything of course!) BLT with Zucchini and Coconut Meat Bacon, Avocado Butter, veggies and Onion Bread…a Fresh and Zesty Lime, Tomato, and Avocado Salad and for dessert…a Mango Pie – latticed and everything! (Pictures – and recipes – coming soon!)
Next up..Expect the Raw Enchilada – a hearty man’s dream…and let me tell you, the guests (not all men) LOVED this one as well! <3
Enliven Your Life with Fruits and Vegetables!