Every now and then it’s nice to get festive with some cute little appetizers – share them at a potluck, with your co-workers, your family – whatever – but try out this awesomely easy and delish recipe! I borrowed this recipe from Oh She Glows because my pesto is always super simple, and I think you guys deserve some fun in your quest to live a RAWkin life.
The great thing about this pesto is that it goes great with pasta, sandwiches, wraps, vegetables, etc.! Also – if you can’t have nuts –they’re not even that necessary to this recipe. Isn’t that exciting!?
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Yield: 3/4 cup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 grams fresh basil leaves (1/2 cup packed)
- 30 grams sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in a bowl of water for 1-2 hours until soft – save the water and use it in the pesto!!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 tbsp water
- 3-4 tbsp walnuts
- Fine grain sea salt + pepper, to taste (1/4 tsp?)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. In a food processor, with the machine running, drop in the 2 garlic cloves to mince. Now, drop in the basil and process until finely chopped.
2. Pour in the olive oil, with the machine running, along with the tomatoes, nutritional yeast (optional), and water (add slowly as needed). Process until mostly smooth.
3. Pulse in the walnuts until chunky and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thinly slice Zucchini. You can rub a little bit of olive oil and sea salt (just a bit!) to soften them up. Optional is to let them marinate and then come back an hour later to roll.
Spread pesto on inside of zucchini – 1 tbsp – and then roll. How cute are these?!
People will love these and the fact that you didn’t order them from the Swan man, defrost them, and serve them up a heart-attack platter.
In fact, there’s a LOT of Vitamin A, healthy fats, and delicious components to this appetizer.
Coming Soon: I just got back from the Raw Living Expo and have some great footage coming with speakers such as…
Dave the Raw Food Trucker
…and many more!
Plus, I got a chance to sit down with Dave and get a great YouTube video especially for you guys…!
Have you checked out my videos with
Jeffrey Smith on GMO’s and Healing Naturally
Loren Lockman on Achieving Optimal Health
Subscribe, Like, and Enliven your Life with Fruits & Veggies!