I had the biggest response to the asking if you all wanted this Almond Joy (all raw and vegan!) candy bar recipe.
“Um, DUH!” was the general response. Haha.. Thanks guys.
Because these bars are incredibly yummy and sinfully delicious, I had to share them! If one person opts for a raw and vegan candy bar creation over a processed sugar, refined carbohydrate, and dangerous trans-fat version, than that person is worth it and doing so much good for their health!
(PS, you’re worth it!) So make these scrum-dilli-umptious bars and feel so good that you’re using nature’s best medicines and enjoying it too!!
Raw Vegan Almond Joy Bars
Crust (1st Layer):
1 1/2 Cups Almonds/Walnuts
1/4 Cup Raw Cacao
8 Dates, pitted (I use Medjool)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
dash of Sea Salt
1) In a food processor, pulse almonds/walnuts until ground, but not too fine.
2) Add remaining ingredients. If crust needs more stickiness, I suggest using 1 Tbsp Raw Honey or another few dates.
3) In a 9 x 9 pan, sprinkle your crust and then use your hands to evenly mold into the bottom of the glass pan. (Optional: use some sprinkled, dried coconut so it won’t stick before molding into the base).
Coconut Filling (2nd Layer):
2 Cups dried, unsweetened, raw coconut
2/3 Cup Coconut Butter, softened
3 Tbsp Raw Agave or Raw Honey
1-2 tsp organic Almond flavoring (not raw)
1) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk your softened coconut butter (you can do this by boiling some water on a stove if you have a metal bowl and placing the bowl on top.) Whisk until smooth and has no clumps.
2) Add your remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
3) Pour over your crust, press into the pan, and set in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
4) Before making your chocolate drizzle, you will want to take your pan out of the freezer, cut into bars (or mini bars if you fancy) and placing individually on a sheet tray with parchment paper.
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1/4 Cup Raw Cacao
1/4 Cup Raw Honey or Raw Agave
1/3 Cup Chopped Almonds
1) Whisk melted coconut oil with cacao and raw agave until smooth and there are no chunks or clumps.
2) Using a spoon or a drizzling instrument, drizzle over your semi-frozen bars. It should freeze almost instantaneously.
3) Add your chopped almonds, set back in the freezer for another 30 minutes (minimum)
Enliven your Life with Fruits and Vegetables!
Psst – did you see I published (well, re-published) my E-book “Bloom Raw…On a Budget”?