This, my friends, is the mega-bomb delight of love formed into a breakfast-like dessert.
Just. For. You.
It is sweet, satisfying, and uberly yummy. I made this just last week for guests / friends at Finca de Vida and received raving reviews, so of course you’re going to love it too!
- 1 cup dried figs, soaked
- ½ cup pecans, soaked
- 1 T cinnamon
- ½ T nutmeg
- 1-2 T maple syrup, non raw
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 T coconut butter
- Soak your dried figs and pecans, separately, in warm water for about 30 minutes. When the figs are soft, drain them and plop them into a food processor (leave the pecans in their soak water until you're ready to use them). Whirl the figs until they are broken down and sticky like a dough. Do not process too much, you do not want a paste!!
- Dump the contents out onto a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap. Next, cover the dough with another sheet of plastic wrap and then use your rolling pin to roll it out to about ¼". (no rolling pin? get creative! I've been known to use a round vase ...).
- You can let this chill in the fridge while you make the filling, or pop it into the dehydrator like I did for 45 minutes.
- Drain the pecans and place them in your processor or high-speed blender. Process them until a mousse, and almost a nut butter, forms. You will have to stop and scrape down the sides throughout. It took me about 5 minutes. Next, add the maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon. Process until it's incorporated.
- Dump contents onto crust and cover with the plastic wrap. Roll it out until the crust is covered evenly. Sprinkle some chopped pecans over the layer if you'd like.
- Place back into the fridge to harden while you clean up.
- Similar to Sushi, use the bottom plastic sheet to guide the crust up and begin rolling as tightly as you can without squishing everything. Continue until the whole thing is rolled. Leave the plastic wrap around the outer part of the log and place back in the fridge to firm up.
- After about 10-20 minutes you can take out and gently cut into rolls.
- Drizzle with melted coconut butter and top with chopped pecans. YUM!
Rolled out and dehydrated.
With filling spread on top…
And then rolled up into awesomeness.
If you haven’t heard, I have left Finca de Vida (just today!) and am setting off on my Nourishing Roots project adventure to India and then Africa. You can read all about it here, and read the awesome blog post about all I’ll miss at the healing oasis I’ve worked at for the past 13 months here.
ALSO – The Ultimate Living Foods Guide, a 7-part recipe series is working through production this minute, as well as a book called “Inviting in Light”. There are a lot of projects being created and wrapped up to help you create your best life – so hop on over to Books section to review what’s available (Part 1: The Basics) and what’s coming up!
Thanks for being you. And kudos to being open to changing your life holistically through dietary and lifestyle choices. You will Bloom for Life because it is your right and purpose in life.