Heloooooooooooooooo wonderful readers! I am so happy, happy, happy to be back and blogging again for Bloom for Life.
“Did you go anywhere?” you might ask… Well yes, yes I did… I spent a good amount of time (one month) in Cambodia, partly volunteering at an AIDS/HIV orphanage outside of Phnom Penh, and then just recently came back to Thailand to pursue more education in Reiki and Reflexology.
You may have not noticed, though, because I scheduled posts to go out to fill your life with positivity and delectable recipes.
It’s a new year, a new all of us, and there’s a lot of open space for creation, love, and learning… So let’s go after it!
Lots of fun projects are underway for Bloom and for YOU! I’m working on a 7-Day Raw Food Cleanse & a 7-Day High-Raw Menu Plan. … I think both of these creations will really help the collective so am excited.
What else is on the table to be produced? A Low-Glycemic Raw Vegan Recipe Book and TONS of more Ketogenic, Live Food Recipes. Yeah – Bloom for Life is where it’s at!
So… carrying on: If you’re curious about the travel aspects of everything, go over to Travel Fruit Love and catch up with where I am, what I’m doing, etc… I’ll soon be coming back to the United States to further my education in emotional counseling / psychology, and will be offering a lot of in-person services thereafter as well.
With all that said, how about we get that beautiful ‘new you’ an awesomely delightful recipe to bring in this next week? Today’s recipe compilation is…
Ketogenic (Raw, Vegan)
Scrambled Eggs, Salsa, Macadamia-Garlic ‘Butter’& ‘Toast’!
This delightfully wonderful combination is perfect as a morning breakfast, afternoon snack, or hearty evening meal. It’s really that good.
…and it’s incredibly healing. If you’re not aware, a ketogenic diet may be especially beneficial for those seeking to regenerate and who need to be on a low-glycemic diet (no / little sugar, high mineral/nutrient)… but that’s still raw and vegan!
Ketosis – a state where the body burns fat instead of glucose for fuel (and incredibly efficiently) has been proven to benefit and speed recovery from Cancer, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s, etc… and many, many other issues!
In fact, we’re working on a site JUST FOR Plant-based Ketosis called PlantBasedKeto. It’s not ready yet, but will definitely have a lot of science-backed articles and nutritionally broken down recipes to share.
So yeah, this platter of loveliness includes four recipes. It seems like a lot, but all you have to make ahead is the Almond Toast – probably my FAVORITE bread EVER because it is low-fat, high-fiber, super delicious, and just really, really filling. I love keeping it on hand.
The other recipes are simple – shouldn’t take more than 20 – 25 minutes to make it all and put it together. And if it’s just you eating, you can store your leftovers for another day! Totally worth it.
- 1 Cup Dry Cashews or Brazil Nuts
- ½ Cup Sunflower
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Dash of Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/16 tsp Black Pepper (two to three dashes)
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Onion
- Add in:
- ⅛ Cup Cilantro, diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato, diced
- ¼ Cup Bell Pepper, diced
- Grind nut of choice (cashews or brazil nuts) and sunflower seeds into a powder. Add remaining ingredients and process until chunky but well-combined.
- Store in an air-tight container for 5 days in the fridge.
- ¾ Tomato
- ½ Cup Bell Pepper
- ¼ Cup Onion
- 2 Thai Chili
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
- Dash of Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Finely chop all ingredients and mix in a bowl.
- 1 Cup Macadamia Nuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- Dash of Turmeric
- Grind macadamia nuts into a flour in the food processor. Add remaining ingredients (make sure coconut oil is warm – a liquid), and process until smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 7 days
- Almond Toast
- 4 Cups Almond Pulp
- 2 Cups Young Coconut Meat
- 2 Cups Psyllium Husks
- 1 Cup Flax Meal
- 5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion flakes
- ½ Cup Onion, diced
- 6 Drops of Stevia
- ½ Cup Bell Pepper
- Optional: ¼ Cup Green Apple
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Blend the coconut meat, apple, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and dates in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Grind the mixture with all remaining ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly combined.
- Form into 7 slices of bread (measure 3 cm high and 5 cm (1 x 2 inch) wide.
- Score each piece to mark a sandwich line; dehydrate on a mesh sheet for 14 hours at 115 degrees.
- Remove from the dehydrator (once dry) and cut into slices.
- Store in an air-tight container or wrapped in BPA-free plastic for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Put it all together:
Add fresh avocado, sprouts, and serve on chopped lettuce. Make sure to get your greens in – these are the most medicinal foods!
The raw food ‘diet’ is incredibly beneficial for those who consume standard processed fare and a lot of meat, dairy, and refined foods. It is cooling, expansive, nutrient and mineral dense, and much, much easier to digest than what is perceived to be ‘regular’ food.
If one needs to consume low-glycemic for health or taste reasons, this entrée is perfect. In the future we’ll follow up with nutritional breakdowns, but for now know that healthy fats in this dish are essential and incredibly beneficial for your BRAIN, NERVE, and ENDOCRINE health.
This, folks, is what I call ‘nutritional medicine’ – food as medicine!
You Deserve to Live a Life You Love!