This should be a staple in life. (Maybe I should just start making it and create a boomin business!) Whatever – anyways, this is a granola I created for travel, but it’s so FULL of goodness it makes a great snack, breakfast food, or even meal if you’re away from your home but need a delicious and burst of healthy (and raw!) superfoods!!
Hence the name, this is Sur-thrival granola. You can not only survive if this is all you have for a while, but you will darn well thrive. Ladies and gentlemen, witness my glorious and valued creation.
Yield: Approximately 2 ½ Excalibur Dehydrator Trays
Prep Time: 25 Minutes (If you’re a perfectionist like me)
2 Cups of Buckwheat (soak 8-12 hours and sprouted for 2 days)- will expand to about 3 or 4 cups
1 Cup of Almonds (**soaked 8-12 hours)
1 Cup of Goji Berries (*optional soaked)
¾ Cup of Sunwarrior Protein Powder (I love Vanilla!)
½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds (**soaked 8-12 hours)
4 Tbsp of Vita-mineral Green Powder
½ – ¾ Cup of Dates (soaked 1-2 hours)
1 Banana or ½ Cup of Chia Gel (3 tbsp soaked in water)
½ Cup of Carob Powder or Cacao Powder
Xylitol or stevia
Dash of Salt
It will be green. Don’t freak out.
- Put sprouted buckwheat, almonds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, Sunwarrior protein powder, and vita-mineral green powder in a LARGE bowl.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients until processed and smooth. (You might need to add a little bit of water, like 1/3-1/2 cup)
- Using a spatula, pour delicious mixture on the whole ingredients in your large bowl. Mix, stir, dance, laugh, and swirl it around.
- On TEFLEX sheets or Parchment paper, spread your granola out on a dehydrator trays to your liking. A common thickness is 1/3 to ½ inch, depending on your preference. When I made it, I had about 2 ½ Trays.
- Dehydrate for 8 hours at 110 degrees, then flip over and dehydrate possibly up to another 12 hours.
- This will store for quite a long time, but I recommend eating it right away because it’s so friggen delicious and amazing.
You now have the PERFECT snack, superfood, and travel meal to accompany you. Don’t you feel great!? Surthrive,